Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove time from date/time stamp in titleblock REVISITED

57 REPLIES 57
SOLVED
Message 1 of 58
jledgewood409
38968 Views, 57 Replies

remove time from date/time stamp in titleblock REVISITED

I know this topic was brought up in the past. and I believe the solution worked for windows xp.

now that we are in windows 7 and above I would like to know how to remove the time portion from the "date/time stamp" that in the titleblock?

revit 2015

57 REPLIES 57
Message 21 of 58
eramoy
in reply to: Anonymous

For me, this (weirdly) changes the date to the sheet issue date.

Message 22 of 58
manuelmunoz87

I tried this one but, for some reason, the date ends up being 03/05/18. Today is 05/22/19 lol.
Message 23 of 58
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Thank you very much!

Message 24 of 58
johanwall

This does not work in 2017.2. I tried it just now and got the value "11/30/17" which doesn't match with either date or time somehow. Any ideas what might be wrong?

J. Wall

Architect

www.johanwall.com

Message 25 of 58
Anonymous

It worled

Message 26 of 58
Anonymous

It sure does, Glad it helped you out. We don't always need to re-invent the wheel to solve issues with Revit.

Message 27 of 58
jmusopole
in reply to: ToanDN

This tip has saved me. Thanks so much.

Message 28 of 58
sean.cain

I like this proposed solution but when I add it into my title block it gave me a date of 06/20/18 (should read 12/09/19). Anyone else have this issue? 

Message 29 of 58
ToanDN
in reply to: sean.cain

It doesn't work in 2019. It reports the initial Sheet Issued Date, not the actual Date/Time Stamp, but does not update when the Sheet Issued Date changed.

I would go back to re-format Windows' Short Date and Long Time.
Message 30 of 58
kl_nordic

By far this is the best answer actually addressing the heart of the question.

Message 31 of 58
guillermo4JEUL

Interesting, but is not working for me, it's not giving me the correct date. Thanks anyway.

Isn't this silly, that we need to be finding a solution to something that simple and basic, paying big money for the "The Leading BIM software", "High end professional BIM Software".

I don't know much about programming, but I'm pretty sure that adding a simple label with the Date ONLY should not take more than an hour to a programmer. It will be thing of copying the code of the date/time stamp and deleting the parts that will call and show the time, and calling it date. 

Is really a shame that we need to be finding solutions for this, something that any BIM software provider should know is basic. Seriously, I have to affect all others software in my computers in order to obtain a printing date on Revit, I'm not doing that. 

Revit 2019.2, Windows 7
Message 32 of 58
ay_dmagill

This does not work in Revit 2019.2. The date is misreported.

Tags (1)
Message 33 of 58
michalGVBNA

You could try a code for space so:
1. Hold down left "ALT" key

2. On numeric pad type in 32
3. Release "ALT" key

Some softwares block the use of space but not in such format.

Message 34 of 58
rasm63n9

Hey thanks for the solution, but this pops in the american style month - day - year... 😞

But,  in most of europe and around the world, we write it Day - Month - Year.. how do i change to this?

Message 35 of 58
jseltzer
in reply to: rasm63n9

i can't believe i just sat here to read 30 something messages on how to get the **** date on a title block without the time showing up. Autodesk will add all this useless nonesense analyzation garbage that has no real world use, but they cant find a way to just simply automatically add the date... amazing

you would think adding just the date wouldn't need to be added to the autodesk wish list, but i guess not

Message 36 of 58
RobDraw
in reply to: jseltzer

@jseltzer wrote:

i can't believe i just sat here to read 30 something messages on how to get the **** date on a title block without the time showing up.

I can't believe you missed the solutions.

@jseltzer wrote:

Autodesk will add all this useless nonesense analyzation garbage that has no real world use,

We are working in a virtual world that makes it useful for some.

@jseltzer wrote:

they cant find a way to just simply automatically add the date... amazing

I think it's you who can't find a way. There are several.

@jseltzer wrote:

you would think adding just the date wouldn't need to be added to the autodesk wish list, but i guess not

You can keep it on your list until you figure it out.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 37 of 58
jseltzer
in reply to: RobDraw

Why are you making excuses for autodesk?

This is something that is so simple that autocad had this 10-15 years ago.

The "solutions" are work arounds, not actual solutions. 

Obviously this is an issue, otherwise there wouldnt be a thread about it.

Message 38 of 58
RobDraw

I'm not making excuses. I'm saying it's already an option. This forum is about solutions, not complaining. If you don't like the options, take it to Product Feedback or the IDEAS forum. 

It's a funny thing that happens around here when someone gets on their high horse and makes such complaints as you have. When they realize they missed something obvious that pretty much negates their complaints, they make unfounded accusations about the messenger. 

Good day.

Rob

Message 39 of 58
jseltzer
in reply to: RobDraw

Its not an option without screwing with windows settings. is that a solution, sure, is it a good solution?? no.
Not that i dont appreciate all the effort of people trying to figure this out, my complaint is with autodesk and their lack or common sense when it comes to very simple everyday applications.

good day sir
Message 40 of 58
RobDraw

The complaint department is down the hall and to the left. That's where Autodesk can here you. They will thank you for your feedback and tell you submit an idea.

While you wait and hope it will be in the next release, come back here to discuss how to get what you want.

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators