Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reflected Ceiling Plans

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1199 Views, 5 Replies

Reflected Ceiling Plans

Hi Everyone

I am setting up sheets and views for our ceiling plans. I need to show the ceiling plan but then also include the roof above and then the balcony outline of that level (I will include an image to try help explain what I want to do). The roof above needs to be a black hidden line, just to show the out line. I have done this by using the view range and setting the "Top" to level above and then the "View Depth: Level" to the level above too. I have put the underlay on as the "Associated Level" however no matter what I do with the Graphic Overrides it stays grey. We need it to be a simple black line. Is there another way to do this? I have considered drawing a 2D line on the outline of the balcony and then removing the underlay. However there are multiple views that this will have to be done to.

Regards

Lauren

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
josemukalel
in reply to: Anonymous

Please use Linework toolline work.JPG

Jose George
Architectural BIM/CAD Technician
josemukalel@gmail.com
+64 22513 0828
A KUDO is always welcomed; However, WHEN the above answer helps and/or clarifies your query; kindly mark it with ACCEPT AS SOLUTION
Message 3 of 6
josemukalel

Jose George
josemukalel@gmail.com
+64 22513 0828
A KUDO is always welcomed; However, WHEN the above answer helps and/or clarifies your query; kindly mark it with ACCEPT AS SOLUTION
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: josemukalel

I used the linework tool, it works on the slab edge, but this does not work on the balcony railing. 

Message 5 of 6
josemukalel

Its working with me

line work-2.JPG

Jose George
josemukalel@gmail.com
+64 22513 0828
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: josemukalel

I've tried changing the railings to a square edge. I'll try work something out with them. Thanks for the linework idea, I thought there might have been a more efficient way to do it, to apply to the whole view or multiple views.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report