Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recessed Cans not cutting through the Ceiling

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
aadams14A6ZPA
440 Views, 5 Replies

Recessed Cans not cutting through the Ceiling

Hi, i have been watching countless videos and I am doing the same thing as the videos, but for some reason my recessed cans are sitting above my generic ceiling and thus are hidden when rendered. for example, it shows them barely peeking through on the program and then disappears on rendering. 

aadams14A6ZPA_0-1641590462361.pngaadams14A6ZPA_1-1641590482399.png

does anyone know how to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: aadams14A6ZPA

Does the light family have a cut opening or a void?  Not sure?  Share the family here.

Message 3 of 6

Post the recessed light family that you are using and we'll change how it is hosted to the ceiling.

...if it's one of the OOTB Families, maybe you can do it yourself by moving this Reference Plane: 

Recessed Can17.png 

...oops. I misread your situation.  I see you want them recessed.  Still, I would need to see the file to figure out what's up.   Maybe you have overlapping ceilings.  That would explain it.    

...View Phase Filter=Show Complete?  

Message 4 of 6

here is the family

Message 5 of 6

There is no issue with this family.  Can you post the Project?  

...did you verify that there isn't 2 ceilings overlapping, and that View Phase Filter is set to Show Complete?

Message 6 of 6

i think the light is sitting right on top of the ceiling so it isnt able to come through. I might just be placing it wrong, when i go to place it, i click place on face, and then i have to flip the light bc it is upside down. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report