Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recap Regions in Revit 2017 very slow

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
579 Views, 1 Reply

Recap Regions in Revit 2017 very slow

Great news that regions that are defined in Recap now pull through into Revit, that will help save time and I think will help benefit the design process too. 

However I just tried linking in a Recap file into Revit 2017 that has several regions but unfortunately Revit bogged down severely. If I turned off all the regions except for one and then tried orbiting the project in a 3D view a) it was quite slow but b) Revit appeared like something was continuing on in the background because even after the orbiting was finished the cursor keeps on giving me the "working" symbol intermittently and everything slows down significantly. It's like all the regions are still visible and the "whole" scan project is trying to be orbited. 

If I unload the above Recap project and then link in the exact same project data except that each region has been individually exported as a *.rcs file from Recap then loaded into Revit 2017, it's happy days. Only turning on the same region as previously mentioned there is no lag in manipulating the data and there are no delays. 

Anyone have eave any thoughts!

Gregg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
LyleHardin
in reply to: Anonymous

I have no suggestions, but thanks for the post. I was wondering if Revit supported ReCap Regions. We are dismayed that Navisworks does not support regions yet. It's encouraging that Revit does. Another thread discussed Autodesk is working on getting region support in Navisworks. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report