Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realistic View

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
402 Views, 4 Replies

Realistic View

I premise that I'm in a realistic visualization view.
I want to create a furnished floor plan similar to the real, but it displays some of my furnishings incorrectly.
Can someone help me? Attached is the photo that explains the problem.

Prob revit 1.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

The family has a Masking Region in it.  You probably need to do two things in the Family. 1. Make the Geometry of whatever it is,  visible in Plan/RCP through its Visibility Settings, and 2. Associate the Visibility Parameter of the Masking Region in Plan View to a Family Parameter.  Then you can toggle it off it the Project Plan View to reveal the Geometry below it.  Or, you could just delete the Masking Region entirely.  

Follow all that?  

If not, post the Families here.  

Message 3 of 5
syman2000

looks like your stool family is built with symbolic lines without masking region on top. Open the family and draw masking region on top of the lines

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 4 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: syman2000

Oh, you think the OP is referring to the chair seats under the table? Maybe I misunderstood.  

About Masking Regions in Model Families | Revit Products 2016 | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Message 5 of 5
semhustej

Hi,

it's not easy to achieve realistic view with materials and textures in orthogonal views such as floor plan or elevation. It is because some families are displayed as 3D models (countertop in your example), some are displayed 2D representation (chair - only lines) and some are displayed as 2D representation with masking region (table). It's unfortunate and you have to edit all those 2D represented families to fix this. But if you edit these families it will change their behavior also in standard 2D plans.

It's unfortunate that Revit doesn't enable creation of 2D views with materials and textures (only shaded mode which doesn't show textures).

Tom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report