Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realistic 3D view suddenly dark

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
cmcdonellKKYAX
1432 Views, 9 Replies

Realistic 3D view suddenly dark

For my schematic plans, I place two views on top of each other. The underlay is a locked realistic 3D view with a section box. The Overlay is a 2D floor plan. I align the views on a sheet at the same scale so that they read like a single rendered floor plan that still allows me to place room tags, text, etc.

The issue is that occasionally the underlaid 3D view suddenly gets a lot darker. It happens about 50% of the time after printing to PDF, and a few other random times. I've attached screenshots of how it looks normally vs the darkened glitch. Restarting Revit usually resolves the issue, but I'd like to understand why this may be happening and see if it's avoidable.  

My Graphics card is NVIDIA Quadro P5000, and my computer has 32GB of RAM, so I doubt it's a performance issue, although it seems like that must be the case.

Any clues?

a28f0322-5ee9-44ad-af39-7302a2c14270.png

  

e9cad8bc-fcd0-40f7-bbc1-814db7d1e0bd.png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
RDAOU
in reply to: cmcdonellKKYAX

@cmcdonellKKYAX 

Make sure that you didn't accidentally change the Visual style of the view...It can get darker if you switch from consistent colors to Shaded or realistic

RDAOU_0-1645782392940.png

Best would be that you create a view template where the Visual style is locked and apply to that 3D view

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 10
cmcdonellKKYAX
in reply to: RDAOU

It's a sudden glitch, not related to any visual setting. Restarting Revit resolves the issue, which means that it's not an accidental change. I have view templates for both the 2D and the 3D view applied

Message 4 of 10
RDAOU

Then it is a graphics issue at your end

Disable used of graphics hardware acceleration under options...and/or update GPU drivers

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 10
syman2000

Have you try increase the sun and ambient light? See if that will help with the PDF output. If that don't work, just update the graphic card and install the latest Revit fix.

syman2000_0-1645805069168.png

syman2000_1-1645805135998.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 6 of 10
cmcdonellKKYAX
in reply to: syman2000

It's not a visual setting - I have the "normal" view set up how I'd like it to look, so I wouldn't want to change sun settings to accommodate a glitch

Message 7 of 10
cmcdonellKKYAX
in reply to: RDAOU

Thanks,  RDAOU.  I was hoping there was a solution within Revit, but that's what I feared. Thanks for the tip

Message 8 of 10
ToanDN

Does that color shifting affect printing or just on screen display?  If not, I would leave the Hardware Accelerations ON for a better performance overall.  Also, check the videocard manufacturer for updated drivers see if they help.

Message 9 of 10
cmcdonellKKYAX
in reply to: ToanDN

It does affect printing as well, but for this view I print using raster settings, which read from Revit's darkened viewport. I'll turn off hardware acceleration for now and see if that resolves it. I'll also keep an eye out for future graphics card driver updates. 

Message 10 of 10
bayleeliu

I had the same issue today and I solved it under file->options->colors, check if the canvas color scheme is dark, that was what happened to me (I don't know how I triggered it) So I switched it back to light and it worked. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators