Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Railing design help

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
alex60
766 Views, 5 Replies

Railing design help

Hi every one, I am making this stair and need to move the last part of the first run railing,but the result is not acceptable for the office. In the other side of the stair I made a sweep with the profile and the result is perfect. I want to know if is possible to make a handrail just like the one on the sweep. See the attached project for your review.

Thanks in advance, Alex

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: alex60

The question is not quite clear. You said you made a sweep on the other side of the stairs. I understand a sweep as something that was created as a model in-place with the Sweep solid tool, but when I click on the handrail on both sides, it is a railing element, not a sweep.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 6
alex60
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Hi Alfredo, the sweep is at the other side of the lateral wall, try to move the stair and you will find it. The problem is that the railing design in my office is closer to that one made by the sweep tool in model in place, we need the transition from the normal railing to a segment separated from the original railing track will be just like the one on the sweep. I need to know if the railing command is able to do that.

Thanks, Alex

Message 4 of 6
Alfredo_Medina

Oh, OK, that was really hidden behind the wall. Smiley Happy

Well, I think the answer is no. The two methods produce different results. Two examples: In regards to the vertical orientation of the little segment of handrail that connects the other two longer segments: the railing tool will orient that segment parallel to the tread of the stairs,while the sweep will orient it as per the slope of the path. In regards to the ends of the profile, in the railing tool the profile will be cut perpendicular to the tread, while in the sweep, that end will be cut perpendicular to the slope. See attached.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Message 5 of 6
alex60
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks Alfredo, I want to know if is it possible to use a sweep (model in place) that will be tied to the stair and change the slope as the stair changes.

thanks in advance, Alex

Message 6 of 6
Alfredo_Medina

It is possible, by creating the sketch of the path with "pick lines", aligned and locked from the stringers of the stairs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report