Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[QUESTION] - Un-stuck Revit (when stuck in edit-mode)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Marcus.Isacsson
351 Views, 6 Replies

[QUESTION] - Un-stuck Revit (when stuck in edit-mode)

Hi fellas!

Does anyone have a solution for making Revit responsive again (un-stuck) when it get's locked during editing and such (happens now and then). 

Thanks in advance!

Stuck during editStuck during edit
This time it happened during this command (can't cancel it).

Labels (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Press Modify button once. 

Help | Cancel an Action | Autodesk

Message 3 of 7

@barthbradley wrote:

Press Modify button once. 

Help | Cancel an Action | Autodesk

Hi! I can't recreate the problem, but does this work when the editing mode gets stuck? When you can't cancel using "Escape" and such? 

Message 4 of 7

Bummer. Sounds like you are crashing.  It happens sometimes. End Task via Task Manager. That's all I got for you.  Sorry.

...Audit upon relaunch and perform some routine maintenance, such as resolving as many Warnings as you can.  

Message 5 of 7

@barthbradley wrote:

Bummer. Sounds like you are crashing.  It happens sometimes. End Task via Task Manager. That's all I got for you.  Sorry.

...Audit upon relaunch and perform some routine maintenance, such as resolving as many Warnings as you can.  

I wouldn't say crashing, it just happens now and then that we get stuck inside editing modes. 
The software is still responsive but there's no way to cancel the edit (such as edit groups, edit roofs and such). 
You cant' finish/cancel and therefore you can't sync what you've been doing. You have to force close and loose valuable time. Or find a way to force cancel the editing, some way.

Message 6 of 7
RSomppi
in reply to: Marcus.Isacsson

I have found that this can happen when there is a message box that needs to be addressed. Try hovering over the Revit icon on your taskbar. If there is a window behind other windows, it should show up.

Message 7 of 7
L.Maas
in reply to: Marcus.Isacsson

I had this sometimes (not remembering Revit version). Did not have other windows behind.
CTRL-Z helped in those cases. You loose the edits (to the floor/roof etc) but can continue with Revit.
At least that "solved" it for me

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report