Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proper Procedure for Multiple Buildings

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
BigPicture045
370 Views, 4 Replies

Proper Procedure for Multiple Buildings

The reference image below shows a point cloud of the site I am modeling. The site has the main building in the middle of the image and then a garage in the top left-hand corner which needs to be modeled as well.

I need to model both buildings.

I know that I can model in a single Revit file. Is this the correct procedure for multiple buildings? 

Ryan_Hettinger_1-1637455234466.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
syman2000
in reply to: BigPicture045

Question is if both building will be submitted as one drawing package or separate submission? Also do they have different elevation height? If the site is flat, you can build it within one model.

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 3 of 5
BigPicture045
in reply to: syman2000

They will be submitted in one package. The site is not flat, it slopes down towards the garage creating a difference of approximately one story from the right elevation to the left elevation of the main building. 

Message 4 of 5
syman2000

That is doable with one file. You just have to set the elevation for garage separately from the main building. When you add rooms, it will be placed in it's own level. Then use plan region to get the level you wanted.

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 5 of 5
ToanDN

I would go with two models and shared coordinates.  The reason being if you ever need to rotate the building, it will be pain free.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report