Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project invisible on some levels

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
louis_vignaud9G9EK
331 Views, 4 Replies

Project invisible on some levels

Problem with a revit file. When i open the file and click on the view of level -1 the project don't appear, then no other view works. But if I start opening the view of level -2 then the project is visible on every level except Level -1. I've tried all the recommended solution on the internet but nothing works.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

What happens when you use Zoom All in the view that doesn't show the model?

Revit will attempt to focus on the portion of the model that was visible in a view that was opened initially. If that first view is focused on a portion of the model where there is no model then when Revit opens the new view it will show the same part of the model, where there is no model. Since there is nothing visible in the lower level view when you opened it, it looks to me like that view is not focused where the modelling work really is.

For example, if I open the first floor plan and zoom into the bottom left corner of the building and then open the second floor plan Revit will zoom in to the same location I zoomed into on the first floor when the second floor plan opens. Once the views are open I can zoom to different locations and switch between open views (tabs) without altering what each view is focused on.

Steve Stafford
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
EESignature

Message 3 of 5

The view for Level -1 has the crop region turned on. Turn it off and try Zoom All (ZA) as suggested by @SteveKStafford  above.

Message 4 of 5

Thanks for your response,

I've tried but it didn't work. Today the only way to see the project on the
plan is to open level -2 before any other level... then if I close level -2
and try to open another view, the project disappears...
Message 5 of 5

Maybe you can forget about that view and create it again. Check your sections and make sure the level of that floor is at the correct elevation, that grid lines intersect that level, and that there are model elements at that level. Then go to Plan views and create a new floor plan for that level.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report