Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with toposolid

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tangramestudis
234 Views, 2 Replies

Problems with toposolid

Dear All!

I have a revit file with a toposolid generated from an imported CAD and when I create a graded region and its correspondent phases to know about the cut and fill volumes it doesn't work as expected. I see the general volume differences, but not specific for cut and fill.

When I do the same processes but with a toposolid generated in situ it works properly, so I think maybe geometry is too complex or something is wrong with the generated toposolid from the imported cad.

Can someone help me with this issue? 

thanks in advance.

Tags (3)
Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Create a Graded Region Copy and use Modify Sub-Elements to shape the Graded Region Copy by strategically adding and removing points.  

Shape Edit Graded Region Copy 1.png

Shape Edit Graded Region Copy 2.png

Shape Edit Graded Region Copy 3.png

Shape Edit Graded Region Copy 5.png

Shape Edit Graded Region Copy 4.png

....or, do your site work in an earlier version of Revit using Toposurfaces and Building Pads. Once finalized, Link it into Revit 2024. Bind Link and ungroup if you want.  

Message 3 of 3

NOTE: the Graded Region Copy and the Toposolid that it was created from need to be in separate Phases. Delete the Graded Region Copy in your Project. Set the Phase Demolished of the Existing Toposolid to "None".  Set the View's Phase to "New Construction" and the Phase Filter to "Show Complete".  Create a Graded Region Copy of the Toposolid. 

Revit will do the rest of the heavy lifting.  Revit will Demolish the Existing Toposolid in the "New Contruction" Phase and create an exact copy of it in the "New Construction" Phase.  Modify this copy to get Cut/Fill calcs.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators