Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Parametric Bedside Cupboard

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
352 Views, 4 Replies

Problems with Parametric Bedside Cupboard

Hi Everyone, 

I am having a problem when doing the array (with door Panels) for a custom bedside cupboard.

I was trying to tell Revit to reduce the array no. set to 1 when the cupboard is less than 600mm but seems like the min of array has to be 2, any clue that i can setup some conditions that tells revit not to do the array in certain case?

Thanks a million.

L  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

Arrays have to have at least two members.  One way around that is to:

• Set your parameters such that there will always be at least two elements in the array (to keep Revit happy).
  • Create a visibility parameter for the array.  Make the array visible under conditions where you want at least two elements and hide it when you only want one element.
  • Model the single-element condition separately from the array.
  • Create a visibility parameter for the single-element object(s).  Only make it(them) visible when you want only one element to show.  This can be done with a formula, making it equal to NOT(<array visibility parameter>).

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

See if you can figure it out from this one. It's a quickie, so I may have missed something like a constraint. But, the meat and potatoes is there.  OK this "overlapping warning" when it is thrown. It won't be thrown in Project environment.  

Overlapping Warning.png

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thanks David for your explanation, I kind of understand now the rationale behind now.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Thanks Barthbradley, it is exactly what i need, I got few furnitures and i will follow your idea to amend all of them. Thanks a million.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report