Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing PDF from Revit

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2208 Views, 5 Replies

Printing PDF from Revit

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SU5hNX6amsOrR7J_8dw_XuQ852w7pUwa/view?usp=sharing 

I have been trying to print sheets on PDF format, and when I do it, it opens up as a notepad and gives this message:

%%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%
Calibri not found, using Courier.
%%[ Error: invalidfont; OffendingCommand: show ]%%

Stack:
()

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %% " I don't know what I am doing wrong, here is a video to show what I am doing.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ryley.g.h
in reply to: Anonymous

This may or may not be the case but it looks like your PDF writer doesn't have the font you used in the project. This sometimes doesn't allow you to print. Try swapping PDF writers, or looking at the advanced settings for how it plots text. Sometimes you have an option to substitute unknown texts for a different style and it can solve problems.

Message 3 of 6
ennujozlagam

try to use another pdf printer driver like BULLZIP and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 6
bin
Advisor

Changing your font from Calibri to others such as Arial might help. 

Message 5 of 6
MargoJones308

You may have solved this, but for anyone else having this issue - We solved this by:

This is an issue where Adobe cannot find the xxx font and defaults to Courier, but is still unable to print the PDF. Fortunately there is a very quick fix!

Step 1: Open the Revit file you are trying to make into a PDF.

Step 2: Select Print, and next to Adobe Print, select "printer settings"

Step 3: Under "Adobe Printer Settings" un-check the box that says ""Rely on system fonts only; do not use document fonts"

Message 6 of 6

Thanks soooo much for that answer. Revit was driving me crazy because of that!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report