Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prefix within detail item tag family

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ssantellan
652 Views, 5 Replies

Prefix within detail item tag family

I seem to be missing some important step for making a detail item tag family work with a prefix text parameter. For instance, glazing may be dual, in which case I'd like the tag to indicate it as "DUAL GLAZING" for the transom above the door head.

I created a text parameter for Tag_Prefix within the tag label. For the glass section family loaded into storefront door head section family I added DUAL to the applicable instances. When this family is loaded into my door transom drafting view the detail item tag does not include this prefix. Tag_Prefix is grayed-out but does say "DUAL."

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: ssantellan

Tag_Prefix must be a Shared parameter, added to the Detail Component family and the Detail Tag family.

Message 3 of 6
ssantellan
in reply to: ToanDN

Thank you ToanDN. Prefix is a shared instance parameter in the tag family. Prefix is a shared instance parameter in the glazing detail component. Prefix is a shared instance parameter in the door head section family. So it shows up in each of the Family Types. Prefix is associated with the shared instance parameter for each instance of the detail component. So something in that sequence is incorrect, right?

Message 4 of 6
ToanDN

Are they the same shared parameter from the same txt file?

How did you add it to the Tag family?  It must be added while creating the label, not via the Family Types interface.

Share the tag family and a detail component family if you want us to look at.

Message 5 of 6
ssantellan

Yes, same txt file. Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 6
ToanDN

You added Tag-Prefix to the Tag via Family Types which is incorrect.  Delete it and add it again when you create/edit the label.

ToanDN_0-1623278280844.png

ToanDN_0-1623279370908.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report