Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Clouds Not Retaining Paths

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
CharlesBerteaux
253 Views, 1 Reply

Point Clouds Not Retaining Paths

My point clouds are not retaining their paths. I have them in wrapper models that are linked into other models for size management. It would seem that every day I have to re-open the point cloud wrapper files because the point cloud rcs files wont stay pathed.

Revit 2014 Running on
Windows 7 Enterprise 64x
16 gb Ram - Intel i7 - 2.70 ghz

Charles Berteaux IV
EDT BIM/VDC/Technology Department Manager | SSOE Group | Hillsboro
www.ssoe.com

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi Charles, 

I understand that in Revit 2014, the Point Clouds will not stay retain their path.  

First of all, please make sure you have installed the Update Release 3 (UR3) for Revit 2014 (click HERE to download it if needed).

There are certain workarounds that may prevent this problem from occurring. Please try the following methods:

1) Open the Point Cloud in Recap and change "RCS" to "RCP".

2) When you copy the Point Cloud from one project to another, make sure the disciplines in View Properties are not the same (you can watch a video HERE for reference).

3) Click HERE and review this internal article which contains another two possible methods.  

Please let me know if the issue is solved by using one of the methods provided above. 

Best regards,

Giosuè Garita
Autodesk Support Team

Cordiali saluti / Kind regards

Giosuè Garita
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators