Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Region

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3274 Views, 6 Replies

Plan Region

Hi all, I've been working in the model below and am trying to use a plan region to cut through the high windows except when I cover all windows I want to view it make some of the wall invisible. I've tried multiple plan regions changing settings in the view range ect. Does anyone have a good solution to this problem as it has happened to other projects too.

Cheers, Kurt

plan region 1.pngplan region 2.png

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you trying to change the cut representation of the window? If you are, please be aware that the cut representation of a Window comes from the Family not the Project.     

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Hi Bradley,

As the windows are higher than my cut plane of 1200mm i'm using the plan region to through at 2200mm so I can see the windows. Not sure if that is what you wanted to know. 

Message 4 of 7
bin
Advisor

Can you screenshot the view range sheeting of the view, the plan region, and an elevation or 3D view of your model?

Message 5 of 7
indiana_j0nes

You mean to say the plan region is not showing the walls at some instances?

Like seen in the first image?

Would it be possible to share the file to investigate?

Message 6 of 7
XXalessio.amodioXX

Imagine you have a moltitude of windows how many plan regions do you have to use?

I would suggest insted to modify the family itself.

You can create a 2D symbol for plan view and Hide in plane the "Solid" part of the window.

Let me know.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Hi All,

I've worked out a solution but not why it happens. I had 3 windows side by side to make one window. As soon as I separated the windows by 1mm the walls reappeared.

Thanks for all your advice

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators