Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parking kerb model and material take off

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
PrathapSekar
642 Views, 6 Replies

Parking kerb model and material take off

Hi,

Material take off to be performed on the parking kerb. the kerb is with two paints, yellow and black for 700mm length each, and material take off to be performed for each paint separately. I tried using the split face tool and its cumbersome. and im planning to create a family with 700mm length, still im not sure about the family category to use.

Pl help me on this,

• What can i do instead of split face?
  • what category i can prefer? 
  • i could not use floor slab and model in place void to achieve the kerb profile as shown in below image, then this will lead to use the split face tool.

PrathapSekar_0-1589180771127.png

Im using Revit 2020 and its a LOD 400 modeling phase.

Awaiting for your advise. thanks in advance.

Thank You! and please 'Accept As Solution' when you found a solution, to help others.
Tags (3)
Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

Maybe use a linebased family with 2 volumes for the materials arraying at 1400mm each?

For curves use a custom family wich can deal with arcs.

I usually use the Generic category because many other categories aren't cuttable.

How accurate does it need to be? besides the Material takeoff Area would include all sides (below, back etc)....

- Michel

Message 3 of 7
barthbradley
in reply to: PrathapSekar

Why not just use a System Family like a Floor Slab Edge or a Roof Gutter/Fascia? You can apply "paint" (e.g. Material) to the faces of those sweep extrusions in the Project using the Paint Tool on the Modify Tab.  

Curb.png

Message 4 of 7

Thanks for your reply @TripleM-Dev.net  and apologize for my delayed response,

Material at areas expose to view.

Also Pl advise if we can you generic components in the LOD 400 model instead of specific category?

Thank You! and please 'Accept As Solution' when you found a solution, to help others.
Message 5 of 7
PrathapSekar
in reply to: barthbradley

Thanks for your reply @barthbradley  and apologize for delayed reply,

We need to use two materials consecutively at every 700mm.

Message 6 of 7

@PrathapSekar wrote:

We need to use two materials consecutively at every 700mm.

Here's a recent topic discussion on curbs: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/how-would-you-model-a-curbstone-in-revit/m-p...You could have a look at modeling it as railing. edit: actually in your case perhaps the curtain wall method, using two panel types, or as adaptive family.

Message 7 of 7

ow, meant to add the attached as example (edited example file for 2 types/materials).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report