Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter with a list of values

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
4252 Views, 10 Replies

Parameter with a list of values

HI everybody,

maybe someone asked about this snag.

I want to create a parameter to add in the project information and when i go to project information i want that this parameter has a list where i can choose some posibilities. For example, I want to create a parameter called Engineering and then have a list of names where i can choose one.

How is the best way to create this kind of parameters??

Kind Regards

Tags (3)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
sgoodmansen
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure how you want to use the parameters, but I would check into creating Key schedules if you are trying to put the data into schedules..  

Message 3 of 11
Keith_Wilkinson

Nope - this isn't currently possible although it's been requested many times.  

You will notice though that if you create a parameter as say a Text Parameter as you add values to different components it will develop as a drop down list of all used values but this can't be pre populated it only show the values that are used in the current project for that specific parameter.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: sgoodmansen

I created my own splashscreen as a tittles blocks family. And I added some parameters in it, one of them is a parameter called "engineering". this parameter will be added in the project information.

so, the thing i want is:

when i go to the project information, select the parameter "engineering" and show a list (drop/down) with the names i would like to add and select onwe of them.

Message 5 of 11
Keith_Wilkinson

I'm afraid the answer is still the same, not possible.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Keith_Wilkinson

thanks!!!!!
Message 7 of 11
Rvadey
in reply to: Keith_Wilkinson

Keith,

Its been 5 years now. And I am looking for a solution to this. Do you think its possible in the 2020 version?

Message 8 of 11
martijn_pater
in reply to: Rvadey

Perhaps like below, but not exactly...

Generic annotation type parameterGeneric annotation type parameter

Message 9 of 11
Rvadey
in reply to: martijn_pater

More like this.

Rvadey_0-1604516645973.png

All I want is to create something like Discipline/Phase or something like that to organize my views.

I know there are other options but just wanted to see if there is an easy/different way to do it.

Message 10 of 11
martijn_pater
in reply to: Rvadey

Message 11 of 11
Rvadey
in reply to: martijn_pater

I did try that.

Works great.

Just wanted to see if there are any other options to do the same but thank you for all your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report