Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlay two floor plans and export to DWG

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jedrzej_fiszerMMJKW
354 Views, 8 Replies

Overlay two floor plans and export to DWG

Hi,

I prepared myself 2 different floor plans and then generated a Sheet. In this document, I overlapped one and the other floor plan using this coordinate system.

I generated a DWG and when I opened the file in Autocad, I saw that the two floor plans are not overlapped but spread apart, side by side.

Is there an option to have them overlapped after exporting to DWG?

Thank you and best regards!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

@jedrzej_fiszerMMJKW wrote:

I prepared myself 2 different floor plans and then generated a Sheet. 

• Are the 2 plans both drawn in the same modeled?
  • It looks like one is showing duct work? are one of these showing linked content?

In this document, I overlapped one and the other floor plan using this coordinate system.
  • In the sheet are these 2 overlapping viewports?
    • why not just make a view with all the content you need to display in it?

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9

1. Yes.

2.Both showing linked content.

3. Because these views are at different levels and represent different View range and i need merge it.

Message 4 of 9

So, you are exporting to DWG a Sheet with overlapping Views on it and you want them to be overlapped in Model Space in AutoCAD. Is that right? Why the heck would you want that?  I don't understand, but I am very curious. 

Message 5 of 9

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you. Does the DWG Export have two Paper Space Views; one showing overlapping and one showing side-by-side?  

Message 6 of 9

I just did a test export of a file I have. I placed the second floor view on top of the first floor view on a Sheet and exported the sheet to DWG. In Model Space of the DWG, the 2 plan views are separated.  in the Layout view of the dwg you have 2 viewports with them lined up. that is probably Revit acknowledging is content from 2 different plan views presented. 

in AutoCAD just move them one of them back to where you want it and delete a viewport.

Howard Munsell
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 9

The 2 paper space viewports overlap in AutoCAD but the model space will not.  If  you want the model spaces to overlap you will need to manually do it in AutoCAD.

Toan Nguyen

EESignature

Message 8 of 9

Well, thank you. I know I can do it manually but I was just wondering if there is an option to do it automatically.

I Generate a lot of layouts and combining it separately lengthens the process.

I need this because I am doing a coordination project and in one project I have several different layers of installations, rooms, etc. This is broken down into individual floor plans due to the size of the project. If I did it on one, I think my computer would die.

Unfortunately, our client doesn't use 3D programs so we transfer all the layouts in Autocad 2D, where he reviews it for himself.

Thanks for all!

Message 9 of 9

One way is to send the layout to new model space (new dwg). But it's still manually and the scale will become the sheet scale instead the model scale.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators