Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overlapping boards

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
358 Views, 4 Replies

overlapping boards

What do I do with these overlapping boards for visual purposes?  Is there a simpler way I could do this?warren.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Why don't you use floors instead?

Capture.PNG

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

because I want to dress up the deck for the customer.  I figured out how to do it.  I noticed I deleted the message out of my toolbox but didn't unsubscribe it from the forum.

Message 4 of 5
chrisplyler
in reply to: Anonymous

Please explain how you did it. I was going to say, Cope each board to the outside edge of the others.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

It just took more work than what I wanted to do on them.  That's why I was asking for a simpler solution.  But I didn't want to just create a floor which would have been much easier.  I wanted the deck to show individual boards.  I'm sure there's a way to create a floor to make it look like 5/4 boards stacked against each other.  But I didn't know how to do that.  So all I did was ran the boards on each side of the existing 5/4 deck board sections that I arrayed around the pool.  I made reference planes along the outer edge of the deck board sections as each one angles around on the top deck.  Then I cut each board at each reference plane.  When I would have had to make two cuts I just created a family for that board.  It was a lot of work.  I deleted the message in my inbox when I got it done, but I now realize you have to unsubscribe from a message to clear it from the forum.  I will know that next time.  I have made a little more progress on this project.  It's not for a working drawing it's just for the customer to have in more detail than what my Dad did on paper, but it's really helping me to understand what's going on on this deck.  We just got done excavating and we're putting the posts in the ground around the pool awhile.  Attached is how far I've gotten on the drawing.  I'm working on the steps now and I have another set of steps coming off the lower deck.  Once I figure out how to do them the lower steps should be easier.  I have never used the cope tool.  I'm not sure how it works.  I just use reference planes and cut.  And by the way for the boards around the pool I used the ref planes that I used for the pool post and 6x6 posts coming out from the pool and created a family for each board in a section then arrayed them all.  For the board right against the pool I created a void like you said to miss the "pool walkaround" or pool step as I named it and then arrayed it.  It worked out really well.  I will show you guys the finished product with railing once I'm done.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report