Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oval Generic Annotation leader problem

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
casquatch
709 Views, 3 Replies

Oval Generic Annotation leader problem

So this seems pretty simple, I'm hoping I'm overlooking something. I've run through the other normal "fixes" for this problem, with no useful results.

What I am getting is the typical gap from my annotation object and the start of my leader lines (Image 1). This image is the symbol within the project environment with a leader coming from each of the 4 sides.

Image 2 is what the family looks like in the editor. Size, location, etc. I'm wondering if someone could re-create this same symbol and see if they get the same results. I was thinking it may have to do with the center marks, but it behaves the same if they are on or off. Still may have to do with their size though since the leaders depend on the extents of the elements within the family. Along those same lines, the text itself is within the oval boundary.

Has anyone run into this before? I have not and am not really sure of a solution. Any thoughts?

I'm creating this within Revit 2014 (UR3).

Thanks,
Casey

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: casquatch

I've gotten the same result. Using (2) half ovals fixes it (closed enough). And using a masking region or a filled region in lieu of line(s) totally fixes it.
Message 3 of 4
casquatch
in reply to: ToanDN

Beautiful. My plan was to add a masking region option, but I hadn't gotten to it yet. I have also abandoned the split elements for circular items, but this will keep that in my mind.

Thanks for the new view on this. Got things working great!

-Casey

Message 4 of 4
chrisplyler
in reply to: casquatch

I suspect perhaps your family has an invisible bounding box around it that includes the space occupied by the dimensions. In the project environment the leader line ends at that bounding box. Try deleting the dimensions out of the family and reloading it to see if anything changes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators