Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operability within Revit

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
conor1986
227 Views, 1 Reply

Operability within Revit

I am currently developing scenes in Revit of agricultural buildings and equipment.

The file size is relatively small but the speed of the scene (panning/zooming/opening views) is extremely slow. The model is currently below 80mb so I cannot understand why this is happening,

Is there a way to speed up the model, I have purged it several times.

I really need to get a much quicker workflow, or the use of Revit would be pointless.

Can anyone help me with this?

Before you say also, I am running Revit with an Intel Core i -7 6800K CPU @ 3.50 GHz 64GB RAM and a 5GB Graphic Card

- Therefore the problem is with the revit software. If you ask me this is extremely poor on the software part as the scene takes in a total area of less than 150sq. Metres. Also I have not yet put any interior detailing other than the main component of the scene so I imagine it will get to 1.5times size by the end. ((120MB))

- I have attached an image which may give a better insight to whoever can solve the issues im experiencing.

Thanking you

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Viveka_CD
in reply to: conor1986

Hi @conor1986

Did you run the latest updates from the Autodesk Desktop App for your Revit version?

Since you mentioned panning/zooming is slow - please see HERE for help on resolving this issue in views.

Is your equipment downloaded from a manufacturer or you created a family for this inside Revit?

Does the slow down happens only in certain views? If so, please click HERE for more information.

Working in a Revit model involves interacting with many systems, and if any one (or more) of those systems has slow performance, the entire experience in Revit can be slowed down. Please see HERE for more information.

I also recommend that you look at the memory usage and Revit performance note HERE

Let me know if any of the recommendations from the link above helped resolve your issue.

We can troubleshoot further if you send us a Revit Journal file from a Revit session.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report