Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening Worksets dialog - why do some default to Open and others Closed

30 REPLIES 30
SOLVED
Message 1 of 31
dtiemeyer
16077 Views, 30 Replies

Opening Worksets dialog - why do some default to Open and others Closed

When Opening a local copy of a central model, the 'Opening Worksets' dialog appears, at which time you can set each workset to Opened = (Yes or No).  But sometimes they are set to Yes, sometimes they are set to No, sometimes there is a blend of some worksets yes, some worksets no. What controls this behavior? Is it possible to have the always default to 'all Yes'?

Thanks

Dustin

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
30 REPLIES 30
Message 21 of 31

I have not... Yet. Thank you. Will check there.
Message 22 of 31

They may have a section like this:

[Recent Workset List]
Config1=Custom=1acddad0-9eb5-11d4-8902-0000863de970,4665a95f-e6bb-44b5-bd5f-687697bb8d74
Config2=All
Config3=Custom=1acddad0-9eb5-11d4-8902-0000863de970,4665a95f-e6bb-44b5-bd5f-687697bb8d74
Config4=All
Config5=All
Config6=All
Config7=All
Config8=All
Config9=All
Config10=All
Config11=All

You might try clearing that list out, see what happens next time.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 23 of 31

It's certainly worth a shot. Thank you.
Message 24 of 31
chris_mckeown
in reply to: southernamp

Steve you are correct. The Revit.ini file holds the key to this issue (in my case anyway). I was using journal files to open multiple Revit files an export to navis files for 5 phases, and this was my only issue, now fixed 🙂
Message 25 of 31
Vis-a-Vis
in reply to: dtiemeyer

I just noticed that when you save a file as the new central model, you can change the default setting for opening worksets. Modifying the ini file (end of thread) didn't work for me, but resaving the central model with the default option set to open all worksets did just what we needed. 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/getting-started/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/...

Message 26 of 31
JezDeM

Hey Dustin,

I'm coming into this convo late but I was wondering if you ever found an answer. Something that I've noticed but really doesn't help answer this is that when I open specified worksets to create a new local, Turn on/off what worksets I'd like, do work, save to central, then close the window (not Revit). I can open specified worksets and my settings are saved. But If I close Revit completely and then open another session, workset1 will be open and all other will be closed. Obviously, I'm not going to leave Revit open indefinitely so my observation doesn't help but I was hoping it would shed some light on an answer. 

Thanks 

Jez

Message 27 of 31
dtiemeyer
in reply to: JezDeM

Interesting you noticed that behavior. I never did get a definitive answer to this. 

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
Message 28 of 31
Anonymous

That should be managed from the central file:

- open Central file.

- go to collaboate worksets.

- choose the worksets you want to open and the others you want to close.

- relinquish & sync. and close the central file, that will save your worksets opened options

- go and create a new locate & it should be same as you choose in the central file.

Message 29 of 31
MZ1987

It appears I ve found a workaround. I did this:

1 Open file with specify and then select all to be open (tried this previously without step 2, and it did not work)

2 Open worksets dialog, select all ws and select "Editable"

3 Synchronize, be sure to check "user created worksets"

Message 30 of 31
David_W_Koch
in reply to: MZ1987

@MZ1987 

Adding your Step 2 worked for me, as well.  Thanks for posting this!

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 31 of 31
SezaiARIKAN

Hi,

When you first creating a central file or save as new central file, you can select either you want to get all worksets open, editables open or same as last time you saved & synchronized or specify for yourself. 

SezaiARIKAN_0-1679322164795.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report