Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

objects outside of view range still visible

27 REPLIES 27
SOLVED
Message 1 of 28
kgatzke
10249 Views, 27 Replies

objects outside of view range still visible

Can someone explain why ANYTHING outside of a given plan view range is visible AT ALL?  I'm on a third floor plan view and walls with bases ABOVE my primary range are visible as though cut in section.  The best reason we can figure out why is because their bases are set relative to the 1st floor working plane, but even if that's the case what sense does it make to have a view range if things outside it can still be visible?

27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28
barthbradley
in reply to: kgatzke

Underlay?

Message 3 of 28
kgatzke
in reply to: barthbradley

@barthbradley 

No, and I've tried every setting of depth clipping, coarseness & visual style.  I'm in a working view with no template settings.  I squeezed the view range down to a 1/4" and I can still see everything.

Message 4 of 28
barthbradley

What is the Category of Element(s) that you are seeing?  Window, Casework, and Generic Model behave differently with respect to the View Range. 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/EN...

Message 5 of 28
kgatzke

image.pngWell, pretty much anything hosted to this level or a level below it.  But not the roof above.

Message 6 of 28
barthbradley

Huh? Can you replicate? In other words, create a new 3rd Floor Plan View with same results? 

Message 7 of 28
ToanDN

A total of 1/4"? That is some weird view range.
Message 8 of 28
kgatzke

@barthbradley 

I created a new 3rd floor plan from scratch and it's view range behaves as it should.  Something is cracked about the view range on that other view.  Don't know how it got that way but it's gone now.

@ToanDN 

I was just squeezing the view range into a thin slice trying to force out objects 30 ft below it as a test.  Didn't work.

Message 9 of 28
phanideepak

Hi, @barthbradley 

The same problem I have been facing right now, I have gave the Cut plane and Cut with Line option , even though the result is I can view all the unnecessary Elements out of view range .

The required plan is at +4.900m and as per that I have arranged my view range as shown below but still can see the elements out of the Range .

Hoping for solution.

Regards,

Phani Deepak Uppala

Required level ++4.900 but Still can see +4.400 Elements and below thatRequired level ++4.900 but Still can see +4.400 Elements and below thatView Range SettingsView Range Settings

Message 10 of 28
phanideepak
in reply to: phanideepak

Hi @MostafaElashmawy  can you please advise me on the above query.

Message 11 of 28

Try the following.

In the view properties,  under crop view, there is anotation crop, activate it and reduce its extent as possible.

Mostafa Elashmawy
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 12 of 28

Hi @MostafaElashmawy ,

Annotation Crop just reminds us for the Annotations which are place outside the range , Well I have tried using Annotation Crop and still its the same with the view. 

As per the view range It should be visible only for the Plan @ +4.900 , But still I face to see +4.400 level Slab and +3.900 Slab which are irrelavant to view range as shown in the image.

Hoping for Solution.

Regards,

Phani Deepak Uppala

Message 13 of 28

Sorry couldn't read your first post properly.

Can you share the model.

Mostafa Elashmawy
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 14 of 28

So did you try checking if there is no underlay.

from properties of the view>> underlay>> select none.

Mostafa Elashmawy

EESignature

Message 15 of 28

Also is your slab made used floor tool or is it a model in place object or a family.

Mostafa Elashmawy

EESignature

Message 16 of 28

There is no underlay assigned to the view and its not model in place.

Message 17 of 28
ToanDN

Floors within 1200 mm under the view depth will show, that is why your 4400 and 3900 floors show in plan at 4900. Change the view depth to 5650 and the floors will disappear.
Message 18 of 28
phanideepak
in reply to: ToanDN

View Depth / Bottom Clip Plane cannot be set above the cut Plane and it doesn't satisfy the View Range.

Message 19 of 28
ToanDN

Then hide the floors.
Message 20 of 28
Bnilath
in reply to: ToanDN

If we need to hide everything manually what is the purpose of view range ?!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report