Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing appears in Camera View Render

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
964 Views, 5 Replies

Nothing appears in Camera View Render

Hi, 

I have a problem, I am not able to sovle out. When I render any camera view, the only thing that is rendered is the sky. I have tried interior and exterior render, changing sun setting and so on. I have this problem only with all camera views. 3D view render is working fine. Also in camera view realistic and Ray preview work fine. I really dont understand what might be wrong. Can you help me please?

Thank you, Lucie

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

Which version of Revit do you use? 

If 2016 , you render with Nvidia Mental Ray or Autodesk Raytracer?

Or you use another renderer? ( maybe in Autodesk Cloud or an addin renderer)

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
constantin.stroescu

Something like that depicted by you could be if rendering in Nvidia Mental Ray with seting Haze to a maximum, as can be seen in my screenshots:

Image 1.png

Image 2.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

I am using revit 2016. Haze is not a problem. Both renderes are doing the same. They render only sky and grey floor, same as in your first image, accept there aro no objects. Ofcourse i tried render it in cloud and it is doing again the same. Just empty space. I am using revit for many years and this is realy mistery for me. Nothing like that has ever happened to me. When i copy model into a new file it is working fine. But its a problem for me, because I have many view in the not working one i just cant copy. Or it would be a lot of work.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

What was your solution?
I am experiencing those same problems and I am desperate.
I attached a screenshot with the model to render. and another screenshot with the result of rendering. As you can see, everything is transparent except some pillars and a window.

Message 6 of 6
RDAOU

Which Revir version/build are you using? Do u have all patch updates installed?

It is rendering something it seems just some missing items...

1. Does it happen (this partial render) on all views? Or particular ones?

2. Did u try to clear the windows temp folder

3. Are there any odd families  which you may have downloaded from somewhere (some imported wall/floor families which are originally not native revit families can  cause this when captured in the view being rendered

Ps. Do consider starting a new thread with your topic

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators