Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Responding - after Selecting a 3D View command

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
761 Views, 6 Replies

Not Responding - after Selecting a 3D View command

Keeps on doing this. Wouldn't mind so much but I don;t know how to restore the file, after using the End Task command.

can anyone spell this out (if this is even possible) for someone that is new to Revit!?

Connected to the office PC, via VPN.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you elaborate? 

Try opening the file with "Audit" checked.  

audit.png

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Elaborate:

while working a Revit 2019.2 model, I wanted a 3D view (using Section Box) after selcting the object I wanted to see a 3D view of, the session went into Not Responding mode as indicated in the title bar.

After looking at the session in this NR mode for aboru 3 hours, I figured this wasn't coming out of this, so the only way to close this would be to Alt Ctrl Del this and End Task.

after this, I have a local file hat I would like to use, it is more recent that the one that crashed.  So my question is, how do I do this in as simple of terms as possible.

I've just noticed that even selecting a 3D that already exists presents the same problem!  Mt session is now once again Not Responding!  😞

Thx.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

There doesn't appear to be a solution to this question.

But thx anywaz.

Message 5 of 7
barthbradley

@Anonymous wrote:

There doesn't appear to be a solution to this question.

You ought remove the Solution Credit then and be patient.  Good things come to those who wait.  😇

Message 6 of 7
ToanDN

Never used Revit via VPN so I can;t speak to it. Can your office use Revit Server to store central files so you can create local model remotely?
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Not sure about Revit Server and if they use this. What I do know, if that I am one 4 ppl that access the model, I am the only one that has problems!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report