Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to load retaining wall

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
717 Views, 5 Replies

Not able to load retaining wall

Hi,

I am using Revit 2020 trying to create the default retaining wall for a project but I am not able to create one. Please see the attached  screenshot any lead will be really helpful. Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to give us more detail.  Your screenshot doesn't show us anything.

What have you done so far to create the wall and where are you having trouble?

Message 3 of 6
barthbradley

FIRST MOUSE CLICK; Press "Wall" on Architectural Tab. This action automatically activates the Wall Options Bar as well as the Wall Properties Pallet/Preview Selector which display current default Wall Instance Properties along with a Thumbnail Image of the Wall Type.   This looks to be precisely where you are in your screenshot.  At this crossroad, you are locked and loaded and ready to draw that Wall Type. All you have to do now is use your SECOND & THIRD MOUSE CLICKS to place a start point and end point for the Wall in the Drawing Window/Plan View.  

Or, would you like to use one of your "Life Lines" first?   

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Sorry for less information, What I trying to do is create 300 mm retaining wall from wall options in architecture tab. But once I click the wall button there are no options showing "300 mm Concrete Retaining wall", I was wondering should I load a family to the project to draw the retaining wall, if so which family is suitable and how to load it. In the attached screenshot I only have the options to draw the walls which appear on the dropdown. Hope it is clear

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Use that wall, and draw a wall.  Then edit the wall and rename it to whatever you would like it to be named. Then, in the Construction section, Edit Structure.  Change the material to concrete.

You won't find wall families to load, or walls with the name that you want.  Walls are created in your project by editing ones that already exist.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hi 

Thanks for the reply

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report