Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested Shared Family won't tag in project

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
brenTRONwiberg
232 Views, 2 Replies

Nested Shared Family won't tag in project

See the attached family (v 2017)

I have a base cabinet with a nested microwave in it.  I have set the microwave family to be "Shared" yet when I load the base cabinet into the project, I'm not able to tag the microwave, only the cabinet.  I'm also not able to tab select the microwave.  Yet the microwave does show up in project file browser which is a typical shared family behavior.  Any guesses at why I can't select or tag the nested shared family (microwave)  I also have a sink that is nested in a cabinet the behaves the same way.

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Yien_Chao
in reply to: brenTRONwiberg

Just use tab command  after the tag command.

Message 3 of 3
samsQGCXT
in reply to: brenTRONwiberg

I was able to get these families to tag separately in Revit 2021. See attached screenshot. There are 2 microwaves in the file, one 24 inch and one 30 inch. The 30 inch microwave was not set to "Shared" while the 24 inch was. Once I set both to "Shared" they were able to be tagged. Also, in case you are a newer use, be sure to tab through nested families if you want to tag those specific elements within one larger family. If, for some reason you reload the family and it still doesn't work, try deleting the family from the project all-together and reload a fresh copy into the project. Sometimes settings get stuck a certain way and reloading a fresh copy is the only way to override the settings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators