Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested links are not bounding rooms, but relinking it works for a while

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sergiogonzalez_CYO
358 Views, 5 Replies

Nested links are not bounding rooms, but relinking it works for a while

Hi,

We have a federated model for housing, is a Documentation model where are linked some geometry models with nested models. 
Randomly the bounding rooms is not working in Documentation model for some linked models or nested model, but if we remove this links and relink it again, it works again.
Also, I tried to link the geometry models in a new revit project with no problem, each room separator line and each wall are boundaring correctly rooms, so there is something that is not working properly. 
I' ve been working and managing this system for a several years and is so rare for me this issue.
Do you know what is happening?

Thanks!

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi, @sergiogonzalez_CYO, are 'Room bounding' parameter checked in link type properties?

¿Tu problema fue solucionado? Selecciona 'Marcar como solución'.
Así ayudas a otras personas a encontrar respuestas y agradeces a los miembro de la comunidad.
Message 3 of 6

Sure! For each link are activated, I've tried to turn off and turn on back, reloading as well...

This federated model is ok, some nested links are not working properly, I've reviewed, Phases, Worksets, Levels, project base points, and everything is ok.

If I link the geometry model in a blank project, it works, if I remove from federated model and relink it works, but after a while the model goes wrong... and back to start point....  I wanna cry  XDD

Message 4 of 6

Nested models are linked as Overlay or Attachements?

¿Tu problema fue solucionado? Selecciona 'Marcar como solución'.
Así ayudas a otras personas a encontrar respuestas y agradeces a los miembro de la comunidad.
Message 5 of 6

Every Link is attached, and walls are bounding rooms (now), but separator room lines doesn't works  anyway

Message 6 of 6

Finally, I've got it! 

This project was modelled in mm units, I'm not used to.  I've checked levels coordination, visually with a lot of zoom in,  with elevation spots, with project base poin, schedules links and Schedule level , but this project was inherited and the precission in dimensions for mm was 0. 

Checking everything for a last time I've discovered a 0.4mm gap between  links and host model!!  This measure is so tiny that zoom in doesn't works, at the end I've isolated Host levels  and each Project base Point (PBP)  from each links and I moved manually 100 units vertically and then move from PBP to host level directly. I did this for every link in the nested system. 

The main problem for me it was work in mm, the gap was ridiculous and there is a difference between wall room bounding and Line separator bounding, Autodesk Support has explained me that, walls are 3D Object which are looking for another 3D object to enclose rooms, so this gap doesnt exits for walls becouse this object was conected with the floor, but our lines separators was in a different 2D plane with a 0.4mm gap from level and it was enough to doesn't works...

So sensitive our friend Revit! Be careful with it!

Bye and Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report