Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested interchangeable family "Can't use this type in this host"

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rodrigo.bezerra
1196 Views, 2 Replies

Nested interchangeable family "Can't use this type in this host"

Hi everyone;

So... We have these families which pin the location of plumbing fixtures, and later we have to place the actual plumbing fixture so we can schedule it. I thought that interchangeable components could save us some time but I can't figure what is going wrong with the trio attached, as I followed the protocol that worked for other families.

As I place the mother family in a project, the nested component "can't use this type in this host". They're all face-based components.

Thanks in advance.

Rodrigo Bezerra

EESignature

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

The problem is with pipe connector within nested families. There are two solutions:

1) Remove connectors from nested families and add in master family. I recommend this, because with connectors within nested families are a lot of issues, e.g. there is no way to connect a pipe manually.

2) Create nested families as not face based.

I hope these help.

Message 3 of 3

That's so funny... I tried remove the connectors yesterday and it didn't work. Probably I messed it up at some point, but now worked just fine.

Thank you so much.

Rodrigo Bezerra

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report