Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested Family Graphic Error

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
358 Views, 1 Reply

Nested Family Graphic Error

I'm having an issue with nested families behaving oddly. I was hoping I could get some advice here.

My door families are comprised of generic model panel/leaf families and generic model frame families nested into the host door family. When I go to load it into a project, everything works smashingly. The catalog, the flexing, the scheduling, etc.

Here is the problem-

When the door is hosted into wall type A, the frame family shows up fine.
When the door is hosted into wall type B, the frame family does not show up.

Any ideas what would cause this behaviour? Both walls are next to each other. Generic models are turned on in the view. Wall type A is a gyp partition with one layer each face. Wall type B is a 2-hour wall with 2 layers each face. Both have the same wrapping and floor-to-floor heights.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you create the opening for the door with the Opening tool or with a Void? If you did it with a void, it might be that the thickness of the wall in the family file is not aligned and locked to the faces of the void, therefore in the project, the thickness of the host wall might be affecting the display of the door.

Alfredo Medina
info@planta1.com
http://www.planta1.com
Online Revit Training

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report