Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested family does not show correct model line type

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
msosaMVWKG
230 Views, 6 Replies

Nested family does not show correct model line type

Hello,

Revit is very frustrating... I am nesting a family that has model lines on plan view (and the rest of the model is hidden). When I select the plan view on my final family, all the lines are continuous... Why is this happening?!

The nested family is also a nested family by itself.... I had to go 3 levels because i needed to rotate the model horizontally and vertically.... in every level the dashed lines appear on plan view. But when I import this family in my final family, the dashed lines become continuous... The rest of the model is hidden, so its not a projection that is making the lines seem continuous 😞

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
msosaMVWKG
in reply to: msosaMVWKG

A quick thing that i noticed is, that when i imported this family into a project, when I drag and move the family around, the dashed lines are actually visible.... but when I stop dragging the object, the lines are back to continuous lines.

Message 3 of 7
ToanDN

Check Object Style of the line in Project. 

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
barthbradley

Put your model linework on a Subcategory and then you can change the Subcat however you want (independently of other model linework) in Project Views through VGOs or Object Styles.  

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/ENU/Revit-C...

Message 5 of 7
ToanDN

@msosaMVWKG wrote:

A quick thing that i noticed is, that when i imported this family into a project, when I drag and move the family around, the dashed lines are actually visible.... but when I stop dragging the object, the lines are back to continuous lines.

This behavior indicates there is a Filter Overriding the elements, or they are under a previous phase, or they are below the View Range bottom but above the View Depth (shown as beyond line style).

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
msosaMVWKG
in reply to: barthbradley

I did that but nothing is working 😞

Message 7 of 7
barthbradley

@msosaMVWKG wrote:

I did that but nothing is working 😞

I don't see why. Is the Nested Family in the same Category as Parent?  If not, then the Subcategory you created would be listed under the Nested Family's Category.  

You ought to just post the Family here.  That'll avoid the guessing game part of this troubleshooting.  Know how to post your files?  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators