Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiline text Wall parameter not showing in the Wall Tag

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ConstantineC
425 Views, 4 Replies

Multiline text Wall parameter not showing in the Wall Tag

Hello

I would like to add a custom Multiline text parameter to write all wall layers in a single Wall Tag

I added the parameter to the wall tag and to the wall type family but I cant make it show up in the project.

What is the way to do it?

Wall Layers shared parameter added to the Wall Tag label

Coty82_1-1680949694990.png

"Wall layers" Multiline  text Type Parameter not showing in the Wall Tag. Only the built in Description shows up.

Coty82_2-1680949854694.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: ConstantineC

Add the same shared parameter to the project parameters and assign it to Walls category.

Message 3 of 5
ConstantineC
in reply to: ToanDN

It works, thanks !
Message 4 of 5
biztrobill

Question. Does this custom wall tag automatically list the components of the wall (finish, substrate, etc)? Or does it tag a wall with a description you added to the wall's type properties?

Bill Fowler NCARB
Revit LT Suite 2024
Mac M2 Pro Mini, Apple Studio Display; w/ macOS Ventura, Parallels 18, Windows 11. 32GB memory (Parallels assigns 16GB for Windows virtual machine)
Solo Architecture practice in residential and small commercial design.
Message 5 of 5
ConstantineC

@biztrobill I know what you are asking for, I`v been looking for the same thing initally but I only found some paid addons that are able to do that, or maybe using Dynamo. 

Then I found this way and the answer, si no, it does not automatically list all the components by itself, you need to add them as a multine parameter. However I find it good enough because you can use type parameter so once you define the layers for each type, it will list them each time you tag that type.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report