Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-colored, perforated panels in curtain system (parametric)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
427 Views, 6 Replies

Multi-colored, perforated panels in curtain system (parametric)

I want to make a system of perforated panels that are multi-coloured, in other words, each panel have different colors, plus varying sizes. Of course, to have the panels of varying sizes in the same curtain system, the panels should be parametric? And, how can I add varying sizes with 50% perforation to the parametric panel? Please advise stepwise if possible, please?

Array of adjacent panels. I want to have the shiny, aluminum panels to be perforated as the ones below.Array of adjacent panels. I want to have the shiny, aluminum panels to be perforated as the ones below.Typical section of panel. I need the large surfaces in white and the orthogonal ones in blue and redTypical section of panel. I need the large surfaces in white and the orthogonal ones in blue and red

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hmunsell
in reply to: Anonymous

Here is how to make your curtain wall with varying size panels.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2020/ENU/?guid=GUID-A6565ECE-C1CC-48E7-8120-2BC706B196CD

https://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2020/ENU/?guid=GUID-234F69C3-516A-4866-91D7-81B762170D4E

Here is how to make a perforated panel in a curtain wall.

https://autode.sk/3uuZcGX

• -id recommend duplicating the Glass panel and make a perforated panel type. then apply the material to that....
  • Capture.JPG

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: hmunsell

Thank you for the reply!

Regarding the coloring the sides of one panel differently.

In other words, one panel has 4 faces in front, I want to paint each of them differently.

Can you give me a concise technique to do that please? 

Message 4 of 7
hmunsell

couple different ways that can be done. you going to need multiple materials either way. 

1. you can have one panel for each color and just, each panel has a different material assigned to it, and swop the panels out as needed.
  2. or the "Material" property can be an instance (vs Type) parameter and it can be edited by selecting the panel and changing the material as needed.

personally I lean to option one as you can then quantify the panels separately to see how many of each you have.

Howard Munsell
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
barthbradley

You could use the Paint Tool to paint the surfaces in the Family - and if you have Material Parameters in the Family, you can even paint the surfaces with the Material Parameter.  Do you know about Painting with Material Parameters? 

FWIW: https://bimchapters.blogspot.com/2017/03/revit-materials-painting-material.html

Message 6 of 7
barthbradley
in reply to: barthbradley

Back at you @hmunsell .  BTW, I didn't mean to step on your suggestion, which was basically the same as mine.  Your post wasn't there when I sent mine. I think I'm being throttled today. There's a ridiculously long lag time after hitting "Post".  Arrgh!

Message 7 of 7
hmunsell
in reply to: barthbradley

not a problem... happens to me all the time. by the time I test it, get my thoughts together and rewrite it several times (because I keep confusing spellchecker), someone else already wrote somthing LOL.

Howard Munsell

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators