Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Sheets from one Revit project to another

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
tstewart
599 Views, 7 Replies

Moving Sheets from one Revit project to another

How to move a cover sheet and other sheets from one project to another in Revit 2024?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
vitorbortoncello
in reply to: tstewart

Insert views from file

vitorbortoncello_0-1715884664830.png

Message 3 of 8
tstewart
in reply to: vitorbortoncello

The original Coversheet has multiple Viewports, so everything is not coming over to the new Coversheet. How to copy the entire sheet to the new file?

Message 4 of 8
ToanDN

You can insert sheet from another project if there are no model views or legends on the sheet.  What do you have on the sheet?

Message 5 of 8
tstewart
in reply to: ToanDN

There are Model view and Legends. How can I insert the entire sheet as is into another sheet?
Thanks,
TS
Message 6 of 8
ToanDN

@tstewart wrote:
There are Model view and Legends. How can I insert the entire sheet as is into another sheet?
Thanks,
TS

You cannot.  Create a PDF and import/link the PDF in the other model, or just include the PDF in your PDF package.

Message 7 of 8
mhiserZFHXS

Its pretty obvious why model views can't be transferred... The model in the original doesn't exist in the new project.

Message 8 of 8
tstewart
in reply to: ToanDN

I was trying to avoid creating it as a PDF because I have to edit it.

Thank you,
TS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report