Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor Size

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
460 Views, 2 Replies

Monitor Size

We are preparing to upgrade 20 seats from ACA to Revit and need to select monitors. Right now, we are looking at 27" monitors with 23" supplemental monitors for dual or triple setups. 

Being that Revit does not appear to be bimodal and one screen is the workspace, do you recommend a larger monitor? 32 4d monitors are being discussed and I need to know if these are a benefit or a hinderence to production. 

To summarize: would you experienced users prefer a larger screen or does it have the opposite effect? (no matter the outcome, we have 23" monitors for second or triple supplemental displays)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alaaeldin_Alsahli
in reply to: Anonymous

This is a very challenging question since every user have his own workflow and it is hard to tell which is the best combination. For example I prefer to have a 27`` Monitor and for second one, it doesn't matter the size and I will end up rotating the second monitor to 90 degrees to make vertical to be able to put the Project Browser and the Properties palette in there. Other may prefer to stretch revit for both monitors and they prefer to have 2 equal size monitors, some they like it simple, one huge monitor and they are happy. There is no way is better than other, It all depends on users perspectives and how their visions are made. 

The main thing you need to know is to have a certified graphic card and make sure its drivers are Autodesk Certified to be able to handle Revit smoothly with Dual monitors.

Here is a link that show all the certified graphic card that been tested by Autodesk with windows 7 (if you need to see the windows 8 version you need to change the options in that link)

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534&results=1&stype=graphic&produ...

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 3 of 3
www.TechRoom.bg
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

Every person have his own workflow and work style.

I'm using 27" horizontal and 2x23" vertical without frames.

Befor that i was on 32" horizontal and second i tihnk it was 24" or 25".

For me theres have basic problem with space in my desk when i'm using 32" 😉

Eng. Iliev L.             

⁞|⁞ BIM Implementer, Project & BIM Manager, Coordinator, MEP Engineer

⁞|⁞ http://www.TechRoom.bg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report