Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying Section Tags/heads

27 REPLIES 27
SOLVED
Message 1 of 28
Anonymous
83605 Views, 27 Replies

Modifying Section Tags/heads

I was wondering if there is possibly a way to create, modify, or edit the section tags in Revit. I've tried going through Properties> Edit Type to change the size, and type of the tag (or the section head), but i notice there are only seven options, and no way to change the size of them. Is there a Family Type I can edit? Where would I find it? Is there a way to create my own, perhaps, and upload it into my model template?

Thanks in advance,

Cory - Homes By Dundee

27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Great Thanks!

Now if I want to change those a little, for example change the text and make the section head smaller, how do I find where the location of these files are. I have been trying all day to figure out where this is lcoated :"2 Tails with Label"
Message 22 of 28
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Under Annotation > Section Tail & Section Tail 2

Message 23 of 28
knguyen12

Thank you so much for helping out on this, something we're still working on in house. So I study your file and kind of make it work but we'll

have to deal with family system - type show up on the browser - lile shown on attached image.

section marks.gif

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous

Do you mind saving down to Revit v2014? Thanks for uploading your file, I'm working on the same issue and would like the referencing detail number to always appear 'above' the tail marker.

Thanks

Message 25 of 28
Anonymous

Please disregard my previous post, I just scrolled down the thread to see that you've already done that! Thank you.

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous

So I reviewed your revit file and found this to be a good solution. However, does that mean that the section has to have similar looking head & tail markers for this solution to work? For example, can this work with a more traditional head marker (circle) with a horizontal tail marker? And keep the text in the direction of the section?

Thanks

Message 27 of 28
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you post a screenshot of what you need?
Message 28 of 28
Anonymous

IMG_20170819_083017.jpgnow original stretch is in revit section but i want ecact stretch level

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators