Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Patterns

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2095 Views, 5 Replies

Model Patterns

I am trying to edit my .pat file (which I have done successfully in the past), but am having issues. The first few times I tried it, it wasn't showing the new pattern I created. Now it just says: No "Model" type patterns found. I hadn't fully created the pattern yet, as I usually do a bit of trial and error because I haven't totally figured out how to create patterns, but now I have nothing. The pattern I was creating is this:

*Tile 15x30 Ashlar, 15 x 30 tiles ashlar offset
;%TYPE=MODEL
0, 0, 0, 15, 0, 0, 0
90, 0, 0, 15, 30, 15, 15

I want the final product to look like the attached. I have also attached my file.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
PrathapSekar
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

You need to study the method of pattern creation to achieve your pattern which is in image you attached. The error is only because you had enter the value 15 in the position of shift instead of offset, and the last two digits are to represent the line pattern, if you need to maintain your line as solid then leave it as empty, no need to enter 0. For your reference I attached the updated pattern below.

*Tile 15x30 Ashlar, 15 x 30 tiles ashlar offset
;%TYPE=MODEL
0, 0, 0, 0, 15
90, 0, 0, 15, 30, 15, 15

All the best.

Thank You! and please 'Accept As Solution' when you found a solution, to help others.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: PrathapSekar

thanks very much. i'm trying to learn more about creating patterns, but I haven't necessarily found something that clearly articulates it in a way that I can reproduce the product. thanks!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: PrathapSekar

I spoke too soon, there was an object covering the line in the view I was looking at. what I have now, based on what you gave me, is a stacked bond of 15x30. it doesn't offset like my image. is there a way to do that?
Message 5 of 6
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

Assuming that you really want the pattern you showed in your image, and that that pattern repeats in a tiled manner, the following will give that to you:

*Tile_15x30_Ashlar, 15 x 30 tiles ashlar offset
;%TYPE=MODEL
0,   0,0,  0,45
0,  30,15, 0,90, 60,-60
0,  90,30, 0,90, 90,-30
0,  60,60, 0,90, 90,-30
0,  30,75, 0,90, 60,-60
90,  0,0,  0,30

Your pattern includes some 30x30 tiles, which are not offset in a consistent manner, hence the tiling of the pattern you showed.  If you do not want them to be tiled, then you are going to have to show a larger image that shows what the repeat is, and indicates whether or not some of the 15x30 tiles shown at the boundary of your previous image are part of a 30x30 tile.

The image below shows the pattern above.  The area outlined in the dashed, transparent red rectangle represents one tile of the pattern.

2016-08-09_AshlarPattern.png

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thank you, that was it!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report