Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model disappearing when orbiting around in 3D view, Revit

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
12266 Views, 13 Replies

Model disappearing when orbiting around in 3D view, Revit

Hi,

My model disappears when orbiting around in 3D view and then I have to zoom in far to find it again. How do I solve this please? I've already deleted everything I don't need.  

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
chrisplyler
in reply to: Anonymous

navperf.jpg

Message 3 of 14
ToanDN

@Anonymous

When you orbit the view without any selection, you orbit around the center point of the model extent. If it is far away from your building then you get what you described. The easiest way to deal with this without reduce the model extent is select an element of your building then activate the orbit command. Now the view will be orbiting around the element center point, thus eliminates your issue.
Message 4 of 14
barthbradley
in reply to: ToanDN

...or lay down a "Center" point. 

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

Hi,

Yes I have checked those graphic options and they are already ticked. 

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Hi,

An element of my building is always selected when I orbit around, however this problem still occurs. Also when I return to a plan view, I sometimes have to zoom in really far to find the model.  

Message 7 of 14
ToanDN

Strange.  How about you turn on the section box and stretch it to scope the view better?

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

It seems I've solved the problem, every time I had zoomed back in I had the entire project selected instead of just one element which seemed to cause the problem.

Thanks for feedback.   

Message 9 of 14
bimscape

1) Either select an element in your model before orbiting. The model will then use the selected object as the centre o the orbit

OR

2) Use the "Center" tool on the 3D Navigation Steering Wheel- see screen shot. Place the "cross hair" ie the centre of the Navigation Wheel over you model, where you want to orbit around and then choose the "Centre" button with your cursor. 

Kind regards,
Ian

Author of The Complete Beginners' Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (free online course)
Message 10 of 14
bimscape

1) Either select an element in your model before orbiting. The model will then use the selected object as the centre o the orbit

OR

2) Use the "Center" tool on the 3D Navigation Steering Wheel- see screen shot. Place the "cross hair" ie the centre of the Navigation Wheel over you model, where you want to orbit around and then choose the "Centre" button with your cursor. 

Kind regards,
Ian

Author of The Complete Beginners' Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (free online course)
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

How do i get to this option menu

Message 12 of 14
chrisplyler

@Anonymous wrote:

How do i get to this option menu

Open the File menu. Towards the bottom-right of it, there is a button labeled Options. Click on it.

Message 13 of 14
pachu_jems

how can you share the screen shot how you did it, it keeps occuring on my 3d modell as well and i have been frustrated to fix this problem... please help me

Message 14 of 14
pachu_jems

help me get this problem......frustrated here

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators