Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mising Project Browser

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
octavio2
4581 Views, 12 Replies

Mising Project Browser

Revit 2021:

My “Project Browser” palette disappeared. 

Normally it is positioned on the left side of the Revit canvas, below the Properties Palette.   The Properties Palette still is there seen on the left side, but the Project Browser is not seen anywhere, even when the rectangle of the View/User Interface is clicked on.  Also, the “Project  Browser” name that appears when right clicking the windows Revit windows canvas is on and clicked, so it is there somewhere, like it is somewhere, but not visible anywhere. 

Can anybody advise how to display it back?

Thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
DarrenP
in reply to: octavio2

read this: https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Project-Browser-is...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 13
octavio2
in reply to: DarrenP

The Screen Resolution/Display settings instruction that are given in the link worked, and now I can see the Project Browser.  Thanks Darren.

Message 4 of 13
octavio2

P.S.  Just a comment - if either the Project Browser or the Properties Palette gets undocked, that is, if they move away from the side where we have these docked as per our preferences, IT IS VERY HARD SOMETIMES TO DOCK THEM BACK TO THE SAME PLACE WHERE IT WAS BEFORE. 

It is very tedious to dock any of these back to where it was (I prefer the PP above and the Project Browser below both on the left side of the drawing window).  You have to try several times, sometimes more times than what we want, to the point that it becomes annoying until you see the blue background where you want to dock it again.  And even that does not work the first try sometimes and you have to try, and try, and try again......

AutoCAD has resolved this "docking" issue with the "right click" functionality which will allow and direct the docking to the location that we want with the right click.   How come that Revit does not provides such convenience for the dockings?

Message 5 of 13
prys0006

even with changing display resolution to 100% and even with trying just 1 screen, I still CANNOT find project browser

Message 6 of 13
mlondi4052mkhize
in reply to: DarrenP

Missing Project Browser

Message 7 of 13

Hi @mlondi4052mkhize 

Thanks a lot for posting your question to the forums!   Please try the following:

• Disconnect monitors to get down to a single display (for laptops, disconnect all external displays) to see if this brings the palette back on screen.
  • Try changing the screen resolution to see if this brings the palette back:
  • Right-click Desktop > Display settings > Scale and layout.
  • Change the screen resolution down to 100%.
  • Locate the properties panel and project browser that was left off-screen.
  • Note: After locating and moving the properties panel and project browser, change the screen resolution back to the original settings. If there are multiple monitors, verify that their resolutions match.

We look forward to hearing back from you with more information so we can help you as a community! 

Jonathan Hand

Industry Community Manager | AEC (Architecture & Building)

Message 8 of 13
vincejlagrua
in reply to: prys0006

Click View and go to User Interface. There, check project browser. 

Message 9 of 13
pjgoossen

I some how could not find it either. I tried all of the above suggestions with nothing working. I am working on a laptop that rotates the screen. I decided to rotate the laptop and the project browser was in an area BELOW the Revit application. 

Message 10 of 13
cvoisinUY9WE
in reply to: vincejlagrua

Brilliant! Thanks!
Message 11 of 13
haileenmartinez2

1. Right click
2. Click "Browsers"

3. Click "Project Browsers"

Message 12 of 13

solved, thank you so much!!

Message 13 of 13

Autodesk, I have tried all of the above, no browser or properties!!! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators