Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

minor bug fix: digit grouping type missing

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 2 of 12
wr.marshall
996 Views, 11 Replies

minor bug fix: digit grouping type missing

There is a missing grouping type

123 456 789.00

the closest match contains a comma

need a grouping type that contains a period

screen shot from Revit 2022

Decimal Grouping.jpg

@kimberly.fuhrman this isn't really an idea, more of a bug fix.

Labels (3)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: wr.marshall

Revit has a variety of in-built number formats, but does not have the most widely used number format for scientific and engineering purposes - SI number format. Correctly applied SI number grouping is easier to read and less prone to reading errors. Correct style is detailed at NIST https://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/checklist.html (#16) and at many other online reference sources. It would be useful to have this widely-used number format as an option.

In the example below the dimensions above the rectangle are not SI compliant. The "dimensions" below the rectangle are SI compliant, but have been created by overriding Revit's dimensions with text. 

aforsterYBP3H_3-1615967064472.png

Message 3 of 12

@wr.marshall  I'm going to move this post over to the Revit forums so that it can get escalated from there. Is that ok with you?

Kimberly Fuhrman-Jones
Revit Community Manager
Message 4 of 12
wr.marshall

that's fine. wasn't an idea just didn't know where else to put it

Message 5 of 12
barthbradley

Isn't the first one in the list what you're looking for?

2020 vs 2022:

Units2020.jpgUnits2022.jpg

yep, missing in 2020 also.  😉

Message 6 of 12
wr.marshall

as stated there is an option for 123 456 789,00 but this one contains a comma as seen in my screenshot. looking for same but the comma is replaced with a period so show as 123 456 789.00

Message 7 of 12
barthbradley

There very first one in 123,456,789.0. That's not what you are after? Anyways, it 123 456 789.00 isn't in 2020 or 2021 or 2022. Did I get short-changed?  Arrgh!  

Message 8 of 12
wr.marshall
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 9 of 12
wr.marshall
Message 10 of 12
RSomppi

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19455-01/806-0169/overview-9/index.html

I wonder if the format is available in the regions that use it.

Message 11 of 12
wr.marshall

@kimberly.fuhrman @Anonymous @barthbradley @RSomppi not mentioned in the 2023 new feature documentation of updates but I just checked and this appears to be added😀. Tested and showing as 123 456 789.123456789. Showing spacing and period for decimal place

@kimberly.fuhrman I know minor but could you add this to the implemented features on road map and/or move this thread back to ideas and set as implemented.

Message 12 of 12

@wr.marshall , Thanks!

It was considered a minor fix (but important nonetheless!). Rather than create a new Idea, I just marked your post as the Accepted Solution. 

Thanks again!

Kimberly

Kimberly Fuhrman-Jones
Revit Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report