Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metric Generic Model two level based

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
GHASEM_ARIYANI
6341 Views, 7 Replies

Metric Generic Model two level based

hi

What is Purpose or use of familie Template <Metric Generic Model two level based>?

Do ceilings are used to make Or decorative elements of the ceiling and or .... ???

Metric Generic Model two level based.jpg

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

It has the same behavior as a column. When you load it into a project, it will have a base level and a top level. So you can use it for any element that you wish to constrain between two levels. 

Paul F Aubin
Author/Consultant

EESignature

Check out my books and training videos
paulaubin.com

Message 3 of 8

hi mr.Paul F. Aubin

Thank you.

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Paul_F_Aubin

Yes, but you can't see "top level in schedules, Can't you?

Message 5 of 8
Paul_F_Aubin
in reply to: Anonymous

I hadn't tested that, but just did now. It appears you are correct. We only just got this feature recently for walls and columns, so hopefully they will add for generic models soon. Bummer. 

Paul F Aubin
Author/Consultant

EESignature

Check out my books and training videos
paulaubin.com

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Paul_F_Aubin

I have been told that it is also possible to switch the category family to any of your choosing after you start a new family using this template. This would allow you to edit something such as light fixtures to span between a start and an end level. Normally, you need to host families such as these to one level.

Message 7 of 8
ainQX6BX
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

Let's say I want to create a stud wall elevation with an array formula with this family, will it be able to attach to a slope roof?

Message 8 of 8

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report