Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge .rte

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
593 Views, 9 Replies

Merge .rte

Dear all,

i (IT, not engineer, new to Revit) am tasked to install new Plumbing Models, which come from a Vendor.

These Files are Revit Template Files, Format .rte.

I can load them into Revit, but each opens a new Project, so I am curious... Is there a possibility to merge these Files into one to create a Template for new Projects... or is there a possibility to import just the Vendor specific Pipes? Or export the needed Info to import that into my Models?

As I have just little knowledge of Revit, detailed info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

So... if I copy those .rte files into my template Folders (%allusers%/autodesk/year/usimperial/), open a new project and then I can select these and import them into my new (or existing) project?

Message 4 of 10
barthbradley

You can Start a New Project using their RTE and open any Existing Project (or another New Project created from another RTE) and then use Transfer Project Standards to transfer between Open Projects.  Get it? 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Ah I see. 

just to say it simple and verify I got it:

Open my Project, then open all the rte files and transfer the Standards to my project, close everything except my project and I got my Plumbing stuff together. 

Message 6 of 10
barthbradley

Yeah, sort of. This isn't going to transfer Loadable Families though.  Let me take a look of one of these RTEs. Post it here.  

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Thank you for your help.

Find attached one of these rte

Message 8 of 10
barthbradley
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Thank you for your help and your patience with a newbie 😉

But as I am new to Revit (Its my first employment in construction) I still will have a lot to learn. I am familiar with Revit Server now, but still took me like a year to learn at least the basics. It´s a huge field.

Message 10 of 10
barthbradley

I've been learning Revit for well over 10 years and I'm still learning -- sometimes re-learning stuff I already "learnt".   Same with AutoCAD, and I been using that software since Moses wore shorts.  he, he.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators