Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Masonry Wall Concrete Block Dimensions

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
peterdew
5192 Views, 29 Replies

Masonry Wall Concrete Block Dimensions

How do we edit concrete masonry unit or block dimensions in Elevation and Section views of masonry walls ?

As you can see from the Screenshot attached, they are all different sizes in my model, for no apparent reason.

I would like to standardise them all at 41cm x 21cm and/or cut blocks.

I had hoped it would be something like tile patterns o the floors, but it isn't

Thankyou and regards

Peter

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30
peterdew
in reply to: martijn_pater

thanks again, Martijn,

but please see my follow up post in reply  to myself above,

where it seems that Realistic View maybe suitable

Message 22 of 30
martijn_pater
in reply to: peterdew

Hope this helps. These are model patterns so set it as material surface pattern for the wall type. If you then tab select the model pattern lines you can move/rotate/position them as you need. One problem with pyRevit is that the patterns generated are not as 'clean' as they could be, so if you make a lot of them it might affect the model size at some point.

If you want to make it correspond to a texture for realistic view, that's something else you would have to position it in the material editor.

Message 23 of 30
peterdew

Thanks again, Martijn,

but the file you sent me is a Revit file.rvt

How do I save it as a pattern file.pta, please ?

I attach a screenshot showing how it looks,

presuming you know there are 2 versions,

one with the joints showing, the other without

Screenshot (467).png

regards

Peter

Message 24 of 30
peterdew

on rereading your post, I see that you knew you were posting Revit files so I will look into setting them as model surface patterns later.  I have never done that

Message 25 of 30
peterdew

sorry, Martijn;

but I couldn't do it

Peter

Message 26 of 30
martijn_pater

ok well, where are you stuck? First step, copy paste those regions from the file I shared into your project file to get the patterns there.

Message 27 of 30
peterdew

Thankyou, Martijn;  that fixed it.

I hadn't thought of importing the file through the Clipboard.

regards

Peter

Message 28 of 30
Pattycake_Kyle

Hey @peterdew  --- sorry for the late reply here, been out of the office and sick a bit.

Did you get figured out what you needed? If not, I can help provide a PAT file you need, or help troubleshoot further. Feel free to email hi [at] pattycake.io and check out www.pattycake.io I think our service is exactly what you are needing. (no add in or install needed, works with Revit LT)

If you are interested in a tile/brick bonding that can be edited, we offer that per our PRO level feature. See below for an example. We offer this along with a bunch of other templates and the ability to draw in the web, including over 700 PAT files ready to download.

TileTemplate.gif

Let me know if I can help :birthday_cake:

www.pattycake.io
Web based & real time .PAT creator. The largest collection of free PAT files! Over 700+ Pat files ready to download
No plugins or add-ins to install, and Revit compliant!
Message 29 of 30
peterdew
in reply to: Pattycake_Kyle

Hello, @Pattycake_Kyle

sorry to hear you were sick, but yes, Martijn sorted it out for me as you can see above.

Let's hope he is also able to provide dimensional editing in the Revit LT Pattern File

so I can change my mind about them as we go on site.

regards

Peter

Message 30 of 30
Pattycake_Kyle

Much appreciated 🙏 :shortcake: Luckily was not Covid, so happy about that.

Sounds good! Great to hear you are sorted for now. Just reach out again if I can help. The forum works but our contact page is a more direct line to us. Cheers! :birthday_cake:

www.pattycake.io
Web based & real time .PAT creator. The largest collection of free PAT files! Over 700+ Pat files ready to download
No plugins or add-ins to install, and Revit compliant!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report