Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Masking Region Only showing on half the Screen

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
autodesk
517 Views, 10 Replies

Masking Region Only showing on half the Screen

When Applying a Masking Region on a project being worked on, the masking area on shows the above layers on half of the screen. When shifting the view by moving the horizontal scroll bar the rest appears but still only on the left side of the screen.

Shows that both masking regions are working.Shows that both masking regions are working.Shows half the regions are workingShows half the regions are workingShows that there is information underneath the masking area when moved overShows that there is information underneath the masking area when moved over

Is this a problem with the settings?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
barthbradley
in reply to: autodesk

I don't understand what you are describing or what I'm supposed to see in those screenshots.  Can you point out the Masking Region?  Maybe show a screenshot of the Masking Region's magenta-colored Sketch Boundary in Edit Mode?  

...just to be clear: you're talking about a Masking Region - not a View Crop; right?  I notice the View Crop is turned on in your Screenshots.  

Message 3 of 11
autodesk

Sorry that was my bad. In the two red squares shown in the above pictures, the first picture (full mask 4) shows all the tables that should be shown. The 2nd photo (full mask5) shows the zoomed in 1st photo however only the table on the left shows that they are still there while the tables in the right square show nothing. When scrolling to the right with the horizontal scroll bar (as designated by the red outline) you get the 3rd picture (full mask6) showing that the data is still there but doesn't display when its on the right side of the screen, only on the left side.

Message 4 of 11
barthbradley

Does this have to do with the UI?  Almost sounds like you are describing a scaling issue.  Common when using multiple monitors that are set to different display scales in Windows.   Can you confirm? 

Message 5 of 11
ToanDN

Do you mean the red filled region?  Edit the region type, remove foreground pattern, add background pattern and uncheck masking.

If the red areas mean to be room or space then you can create actual rooms or spaces by adding room/space boundaries, place rooms/spaces, and turn on color scheme.

If the red areas mean to be flooring (carpet or whatever), then model actual thin finish floor with a material.

Message 6 of 11
autodesk

I'm not sure. I looked through all the setting in the UI, Mostly focusing on the View tab and anything that I could see that had to do with the layers, but nothing changed on the targeted areas that I was trying to view. The settings would apply while toggling them on or off but the tables inside the masked zone on the right side of the screen still would not show up. I'm not sure if it is a setting in the UI or if its deeper in the advanced settings/graphics settings of the computer.

I don't believe it's a matter of scaling. When zooming in or out it is fine until anything smaller that 1/32 then all the tables in both areas disappear. They come back when zooming back in.

An Updated note that I just learned would be that this issue only happens when anti-aliasing is turned on in the graphics settings. When turning the Smooth lines with anti-aliasing setting off the tables will show. (I was under the impression that this was a masking issue but I'm starting to think that its a graphics issue.)

They are using only 1 monitor for the program but it happens on 3 separate monitors. Also as a side note when the same file is opened up by another user it works fine for them. The Tables show in the full Revit window.

Please note that the Revit window is only on one screen, not crossing multiple screens.
There is a display scale difference in the monitors. Two of the monitors are set to 1900x1080 while the 3rd (Laptop Screen) is set to 1900x1200.

Message 7 of 11
autodesk

@ToanDN Yes, Its is whats inside the red filled region that I'm trying to see. We have removed the masking region and added it again. All items are there. The masking area is doing its job correctly. I need to change this thread from a masking issue to an anti-aliasing issue

Message 8 of 11
ToanDN

What exactly are inside the red regions?

Message 9 of 11
autodesk

@ToanDN Inside the red regions are Tables. While underneath the Masked area the tables will not show on the right side of any monitor. However when turning of the Graphics option "Smooth Lines with Anti-Aliasing" the table outlines from the 1st picture or the attached (full mask4.jpg) pitcure show up on the right side of the monitor

Message 10 of 11
ToanDN

@autodesk wrote:

@ToanDN Inside the red regions are Tables. While underneath the Masked area the tables will not show on the right side of any monitor. However when turning of the Graphics option "Smooth Lines with Anti-Aliasing" the table outlines from the 1st picture or the attached (full mask4.jpg) pitcure show up on the right side of the monitor

Glad that you found a fix but if you create the red areas like the ways I described earlier then the tables always show regardless of the antialiasing.

Message 11 of 11
autodesk

@ToanDN Thank you. The method you described worked. 

"Edit the region type, remove foreground pattern, add background pattern and uncheck masking." Did NOT work

However creating a floor underneath the tables did work and the anti-aliasing is still on. Thank you for helping in finding a solution while keeping the smooth lines option on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report