Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

making door family - make the frame sweep on the plane I want (centre of wall)?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
fortywebs
358 Views, 1 Reply

making door family - make the frame sweep on the plane I want (centre of wall)?

Hi, I want the sweep for the frame to be on the centreline of the wall but it is always putting it on the external wall face. I have made a new plane along the centre line of the wall and hoped to lock the centre of the frame sweep to that. It won't let me pick that plane to make a sweep on. I need to draw the path in the elevation view, this doesn't allow me to put it in the middle of the wall.

If the wall in the project is thicker or thinner than the wall in the family, the frame will stay at this distance due to the red dot and its planes being fixed on the outer face of the wall. I can't move them.

fortywebs_0-1589486363311.png

fortywebs_1-1589486399872.png

fortywebs_2-1589486436792.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
barthbradley
in reply to: fortywebs

Sweep a Model Line then.  

...or offset your profile. You can control offset via a couple of parameters that will will always offset profile to center of wall, regardless of thickness.  Still, first approach is the easiest.   Path the Sweep along a Model Line.

...Pick your sweep path in 3D -- and then Orient the view to the Profile Plane and draw your Profile.      

OTP1.pngOTP2.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report