Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make curved concrete staircase railing...?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
s252499
698 Views, 7 Replies

Make curved concrete staircase railing...?

Hello!

I was trying to make custom stairs in Revit, using stair sketch tool. The stair is helicadode and has sharp rotation, and it was a nightmare to design so that Revit wouldn't complain, but I still have an issue of staircase railing.

It should be concrete or wood monolithic, and smoothly curved. Instead, Revit makes separate railing piece for each part of the staircase (each run and landing separately) and does not connect them.

I assume there is no automatic function for my case, but I have no idea how to manage this manually. I have tried different tweaks, but nothing works.

I would be grateful for your support.

Screenshot of staircase is attached, blue line shows how the railing should go.

Thank you!

Labels (4)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
emmanoelneri
in reply to: s252499

During the railling sketch, try to to make it with as few lines as possible. Each connection point between two lines will be a breaking point on the railing.
Make to railling in only one sketch. In plan, and select it, choose to change host e clic the stair.

Message 3 of 8
s252499
in reply to: emmanoelneri

Hello!

Sorry, but to me it's not clear how can I make a stair, especially of such shape, with least lines possible. Even if I use only curve or only pl, it will have to stop at each rotational point...

Message 4 of 8
Yien_Chao

just do the railing with in situ extrusion for better control.

Message 5 of 8
s252499
in reply to: Yien_Chao

Sorry, could you explain a bit more in detail what you mean? I am new to Revit, and some things are not very clear for me.

Message 6 of 8
barthbradley

Post your Revit Project here as an Attachment to a reply post...if you care to.  

Message 7 of 8
s252499

Posting the file as advised

Message 8 of 8
s252499
in reply to: barthbradley

Hello, I posted my revit file. Thank you for suggestion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report