Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking Phases?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rmaynard
472 Views, 4 Replies

Locking Phases?

I tried "phases" for this project, but I need to lock a phase so it doesn't affect another, such as: existing doesn't affect new and visa versa.  Is this possible?  or am I using the wrong thing?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
martijn_pater
in reply to: rmaynard

A phase is a phase... it always affects another unless nothing changes, ie gets demolished/build...

So... not sure what you mean, elaborate on it a little...

Edit: lately i've seen a lot of situations where phasing was used, where using design options was in order, rereading it this could be the case here aswell. But it's a bit of a stretch really...

Message 3 of 5
barthbradley

@rmaynard wrote:

I tried "phases" for this project, but I need to lock a phase so it doesn't affect another, such as: existing doesn't affect new and visa versa.  Is this possible?  or am I using the wrong thing?

I think you are using the wrong lingo.  A Phase is a point in time. So your question is how to have one point in time not interact with another point in time?  

Message 4 of 5
_Vijay

As @barthbradley  told, they have the purpose. But you don't want you can delete..

Message 5 of 5
ToanDN

What sort of "affect" are you referring to?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report