Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Revit Models Showing as Wireframe

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
serigot
612 Views, 7 Replies

Linked Revit Models Showing as Wireframe

Hello,

I am working in Revit v.2024 (although the same was occurring in v.2022). I have opened up a piping model and linked in an architectural model for walls and a separate model for equipment. When I create section cuts, the visibility of the linked architectural and equipment models look to be in wireframe mode, so I'm seeing all of the piping and equipment through the walls which should be opaque. I've changed the discipline of the architectural model to "Architectural" in the display settings dialogue, but it has not affected the visual display of the linked model. This could be a discipline issue, but still can't seem to diagnose. Any help appreciated!

Sarah

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
barthbradley
in reply to: serigot
Message 3 of 8
syman2000

Do you have link underlay turned on? I do get wireframe when that box is checked on

syman2000_0-1699890360525.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 4 of 8
barthbradley

How far from the Internal Origin of the Project are you modeling? 

https://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2023/ENU/?guid=GUID-3F79BF5A-F051-49F3-951E-D3E86F51BECC

Message 5 of 8
serigot
in reply to: syman2000

The issue seems to be discipline related. If the plan view is set to "Plumbing" discipline, I can't see section call-outs that are denoted as "Architectural" discipline. However, if I don't have the discipline set to "Architectural" in the section cuts, the links all show as wireframe instead of hidden line. So my workaround was to set the plan discipline as "Architectural" but then all the section cuts with the "Plumbing" designation do not show. My overall intent is to create section cuts within this plumbing/piping model that can be viewed in hidden line, but keep all designators as is.

Message 6 of 8
RSomppi

Architectural backgrounds normally show through pipe, duct, etc.

As to your section problems, it's hard to follow what your saying. Can you provide screenshots that depict the issue?

Also, you might want to ask an admin to move your post to the Revit MEP forum. You can do this by reporting your OP and asking for it to be moved.

Message 7 of 8
ToanDN

Set the view to Coordination discipline.

Message 8 of 8
patilm2W7UGW
in reply to: ToanDN

It worked,
Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report