Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Model Room fill issue

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
820 Views, 7 Replies

Linked Model Room fill issue

My room fills are not showing correctly in my linked site model and i cant figure out why! anyone got any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
MostafaElashmawy
in reply to: Anonymous

I think there is a room separator in the host file at that location so when you load the linked file, it cuts the room space.

Mostafa Elashmawy
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: MostafaElashmawy

The Room seaperator is drawn to take the bay window into account, it appears to me that when i link the model in  revit is not acknowledging the non room bounding wall that the window is hosted to?

Message 4 of 8
MostafaElashmawy

Select the wall and make sure it's room bounding.

Annotation 2020-01-13 203525.png

Mostafa Elashmawy
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

If i set colour scheme to "foreground" in the linked model, it fixes the issue however the room fill also covers up all of my interior party walls

Message 6 of 8
hmunsell
in reply to: MostafaElashmawy

room separation lines can be hard to find. I will usually go to the Visibility graphics overrides > Lines category and set the line color  and a heavy weight. this will make them more readable on your screen. depending on how you have your file setup, you may need to do this in the Link VG settings as well.

Capture.JPG

Howard Munsell

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Ok so with a bit of messing i got it to work. I set the color fill to foreground, and then set a "Solid fill" filter to my internal walls, hey presto bodge job done!

Message 8 of 8
ToanDN

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok so with a bit of messing i got it to work. I set the color fill to foreground, and then set a "Solid fill" filter to my internal walls, hey presto bodge job done!

That is a good way to fix it.  However, if you want to look at the root of the problem, try changing the host model's bay window floor to 100% transparent or hiding it altogether and see of the linked room fill the area.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators